Here at Ari Blanc Medical Spa, we offer two different non-invasive procedures to enhance your lips – a lip flip and lip filler. Both treatments are safe, quick and highly effective for enhancing your pout.
Learn more about both the lip flip vs. lip filler to decide which treatment is right for you!
What is a Lip Flip?
A lip flip uses Botox or Dysport to relax the upper lip muscle, causing the upper lip to ‘flip’ outward creating the appearance of a naturally plumper, poutier look!
During a lip flip procedure, a very small amount of Botox or Dysport is injected into parts of the upper lip. After about a week, the injections make your lip look fuller or “poutier” without adding any volume to your lip.
After a lip flip treatment, you can start to see results within the first few days and notice a continual improvement during a week after treatment. The full effect is likely to take between ten and fourteen days to occur and typically lasts 3-4 months.
Benefits of a Lip Flip:
- Treats “gummy” smiles – lip flips have been shown to reduce the appearance of the gums when you smile. Perfect for anyone who thinks their upper lip “disappears” when they smile!
- Perfect for experimentation – lip flips are a great way to introduce you to lip enhancements and aesthetic treatments. The price of a lip flip will vary patient by patient, but the cost is significantly less than a filler treatment.
- Temporary results – unlike lip fillers, lip flips give temporary results that only last 3-4 months.
- More subtlety – while they give the appearance of a fuller pout, lip flips don’t add any volume, so the size of your lips will not change.
What is Lip Filler?
Lip filler uses a hyaluronic acid dermal filler, such as Restylane or Juvederm, to increase volume and definition of the lips, resulting in lusciously plump, sculpted lips.
During a lip filler procedure, dermal filler is injected to enhance the shape and contour of the lips while adding fullness. The amount of filler used depends on the current look and shape of your lips, and your desired look. If you’re after a lot of volume, it’s best to start slow and build your desired lips over time.
Results can be noticed immediately after injections, however it may take up to two weeks to see the final look once the filler settles and any swelling has resolved. Results typically last 9-12 months depending on the type of product and how you metabolize the filler.
Benefits of Lip Filler:
- Instant Volume – lip filler creates plumper, fuller lips on-the-spot.
- More control – you and your injector can decide how subtle or dramatic your lip transformation is. Not only can you pump up the volume, you can also fine tune lip definition for your ideal lip shape.
- Longer-lasting results – unlike lip flips, lip fillers are here for the long haul. Fillers like Restylane Kysse and Juvéderm Volbella have been proven to last up to 12 months.
The Best of Both
If you’re looking for both added volume, as well as control over the shape of your lips, then a combination of a lip flip and lip filler can help you achieve your dream pout! The lip flip will define your cupid’s bow and provide your desired shape, while the lip filler will plump and volumize the lips.
Lip Flip vs. Lip Filler: What’s best for you?
At the end of the day, the right treatment depends on your natural lip anatomy, ideal lip shape, level of fullness, and desired amount of upkeep. To help make the best decision for you, we recommend a complimentary consultation with our advanced aesthetic injectors, so book now to learn more about which treatment is the right fit for you!